- Evolutionary Dual-Sector design allows unprecedented ROF potential with two shots per sector gear cycle
- Half-cycle cut-off system retains semi-automatic fire functionality
- Dual short stroke design provides improved system efficiency for short barreled systems
- Gear profile design ensures compatibility with common spur-cut standard and high speed ratio gear sets
- Enlarged tappet cam increases the tappet plate and nozzle retracted time for better ammo feed (Revolution Plus and Revolution sector gears only)
- Second generation 2-piece sector gear
A traditional sector gear retracts the piston assembly once per sector gear cycle. However, not all airsoft electric guns (AEGs), specifically shorter barreled ones, require the full cylinder air volume for BB propulsion. The ported and tapered cylinder units were conceived to improve the energy efficiency in such systems.
The Cyclone Dual-Sector Gear System takes the concept another leap forward by significantly shortening the piston stroke distance and implementing an additional sector on the sector gear. The evolutionary design provides two piston strokes per sector gear cycle. This allows short barreled AEGs, with barrels up to 363mm long, to gain improved energy efficiency, quicker trigger response, and higher rate-of-fire at the same time.
Due to the shorter piston stroke of the design, the energy stored and released from the spring is decreased in the process. As such, a higher rate spring has to be used with the system to achieve similar muzzle energies as that of the traditional full piston stroke design. Optional piston spacers or spring guide spacer may be used along with the system for increased pre-compression of the spring for higher energy output as well.
A properly implemented Cyclone Dual-Sector Gear System provides unprecedented performance and energy efficiency compared to the traditional designs. Extremely high voltage battery packs are no longer the necessities for attaining lightning trigger response and high rate-of-fire. This also opens up more performance headroom for AEGs with limited battery storage space.
(Only applicable for 9-tooth gears)
Because there is an extra tooth, the piston is further retracted which allows for more air volume to enter the cylinder. Therefore, the 9-Tooth Cyclone Sector Gear allows for more power.
Please keep in mind that because there is an extra tooth, spring pairing is of heightened importance. Keep your piston light, your spring strong, and your ROF moderate to avoid mistiming.
Material: Nickel chromium molybdenum steel