The U.S. TAGinn Ban is Lifted for AFG-4 and AFG-6 Airsoft Grenades
The airsoft community in the United States can now celebrate as the ban on TAGinn airsoft grenades, specifically the AFG-4 and AFG-6, has been lifted. This victory for the airsoft community comes after a tough year of the US grenade ban-hammer that left many players disappointed.
In this article, we'll dive into the reasons behind the ban, the challenges faced by TAGinn in bringing their products back to the market, and the necessary steps customers must take to use these grenades again.
Understanding the Ban on Airsoft Grenades
For several reasons, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) rescinded the exemptions for certain consumer-style grenades, such as the TAGinn airsoft grenades.
These reasons include:
- The ban on certain products being imported from Russia by the Department of Transportation (DOT)
- The ATF received information about incidents involving these explosive devices being used against law enforcement officers or for other criminal purposes.
- Cases where these devices caused wildfires, resulting in extensive property damage and public danger.
- ATF determined that these explosive devices pose a risk to public safety.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation regulations forbid the transportation of any unapproved explosive.
As a result of these public safety concerns, TAGinn airsoft grenades were no longer exempt from the provisions of Federal explosives regulations.
[Airsoft Pyrotechnics]. (2024, January 15). January 15 Facebook Post [Photo]. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/airsoftpyrotechnics
How TAGinn Got Approved in the USA
TAGinn faced numerous challenges to bring their airsoft grenades back to the U.S. market:
- Leaving Russia: The U.S. ban on Russian-related products forced TAGinn to leave Russia and set up a new facility. Opening a new facility comes with its own hurdles and issues, but TAGinn was committed.
- Changing the formula: TAGinn needed to modify the formula in their grenades to meet the new safety guidelines. But don't worry - it hasn't changed their effectiveness.
- Resubmitting for approvals: Continuously working with the ATF and DOT to achieve the necessary approvals for their products.
After significant effort, TAGinn's AFG-4 and AFG-6 airsoft grenades were finally re-approved for sale in the United States, but customers must abide by new guidelines to purchase and utilize these devices.
How to Get TAGinn AFG-4 and AFG-6 in the US:
Airsoft players looking to buy the TAGinn AFG-4 or AFG-6 grenades must adhere to specific guidelines:
1. Obtain a P-TOP certification: The P-TOP certification, or Professional TAGinn Operator certification, is required for those who want to use TAGinn products in the USA. This certification is all about safely and adequately handling the TAGinn pyro projectiles and training grenades for airsoft, Milsim, and tactical training.The P-TOP certification benefits individual operators, allowing them to demonstrate professionalism, reliability, competence, and commitment to safety.
You can get your P-Top certification on TAGinns website here.
2. Purchase from licensed retailers: Buyers can only buy these airsoft grenades from licensed retailers, like Amped Airsoft, providing proof of their P-TOP certification and a valid license.
While these additional steps may seem cumbersome, they are necessary to ensure the safety and regulation of airsoft grenades and will hopefully allow TAGinn to continue releasing more of their product line in the US.
Pre-Order AFG-4 and AFG-6 at Amped Airsoft:
What's next for TAGinn?
While there isnt any talk of other launches as of yet, we're hoping that this is just the beginning and that more TAGinn products will become available in the new year. Make sure to sign up for the Amped Airsoft newsletter so you can be one of the first to know when we get any new TAGinn Products.
But the lifting of the ban on TAGinn AFG-4 and AFG-6 airsoft grenades is a significant win for the airsoft community. By adhering to the new safety guidelines and obtaining a P-TOP certification, the airsoft community can once again use TAGinn airsoft grenades in their gameplay.
Take the necessary steps today, and join the resurgence.