Sniper Mechanics | TAC-41 W.A.S.P Adjustable Piston Set System
The ORIGINAL Weight Adjustable piston is back, with an improved design and material tweaks.
The TAC-41 W.A.S.P system features:
1 x Tac-41 W.A.S.P Base Piston body
1 x Rear Sear
1 x Rear Guide Ring
1 x Front Guide Ring
1 x Plastic Sleeve (Light)
1 x Steel Sleeve (Medium)
1 x Steel Sleeve (Heavy)
1 x Non-Airbrake Fitting
1 x Full Airbrake
1 x Mid Brake
1 x Injection Molded Cup
1 x One Piece Stainless Steel Spring Guide
1 x Spring Guide Oring
– When using the airbrake, please be mindful that this is only effective up to a certain degree in terms of power gains over the non-airbraked system. This is caused by how air works inside the cylinder. At a certain point the combined power of the spring and piston result overrides the airbrakes function and slows the air down too much causing a loss. This “break point” will depend entirely on your setup and how your rifle is configured. That being said, due to the guide ring and cup design alone, even at 4.5J the weighted and unbraked sound is still reasonable.
- Piston works with most 13mm springs. However some of the low power SBA springs are not the same spec and may bind
- For max performance, ensure cup is correctly lubricated before use. Silicon oil is typically best.
- Due to the rear guide design of the TAC-41 W.A.S.P, you may need to lower your sear height to allow the sear to slide over and release. If you are finding that the piston does not release or is sticking, lower the sear height.
- Please ensure piston is precompressed before tightening down the cylinder head. Cylinder threads may potentially damage the cup if they get pinched (only with Stock SBA cylinder head, not an issue with Sniper Mechanics cylinder head). Push piston down and use a small tool to latch the sear so the cylinder head can be installed. Additionally, you can use a hex key through nozzle to push the piston enough to clear threads.